Montana’s firefighting Chinooks, new AStars in Nova Scotia, and the Robinson R66’s latest upgrades. Plus, find out what to expect during underwater egress training!
Members of the United States Helicopter Safety Team will be providing their safety advice for Heli-Expo participants in Las Vegas, Nevada at 13 different workshops in a wide variety of topics.
The USHST promotes safety and works to reduce accidents through a government and industry cooperative effort that has resulted in a decrease in U.S. civil helicopter accidents since the organization’s inception in 2013. During that same time period, fatal accidents also have decreased.
The full list of USHST-related workshops scheduled at Heli-Expo 2018 is the following:
- FRAT: Practical Flight Risk Assessments
- Autorotations: Reality Exposed
- SMS for Small-Fleet or Private Operators
- Applied Aeronautical Knowledge
- Tipped Off: Improving Performance Through Safety Tips
- Human Factors: Protecting Us from Ourselves
- Flying Blind
- The Vuichard Recovery: A Better Way Out of Vortex Ring State
- IIMC: Threat, Avoidance and Survival
- Airworthiness Defined: Safety Management in Small Operations
- Flight Instructor Intervention and Risk Prevention
- Heliport Accident Prevention
- What’s Your Attitude?
More information about the USHST, its reports, safety tools, Real Safety presentations, and YouTube safety videos can be obtained at its website and on the International Helicopter Safety Team website.