Flying the Mil Mi-24, crash safety progress, attacking the Thomas Fire, Germany’s ADAC, and more!
The Coast Guard is assisting in a search for survivors of a downed small aircraft, in the vicinity of Pellicer Creek.
Watchstanders in the Coast Guard Sector Jacksonville Command Center were notified of the situation at 11:30 p.m., on July 13, by St. Johns County Fire Rescue.
A crew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater was launched at 2:15 a.m. to search for survivors.
Other agencies involved in the search include:
- Flagler County Sheriff’s Office;
- St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office;
- St. Johns County Fire Rescue;
- Volusia County Sheriff’s Office; and
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.