Mercy Flight, NH90 in Germany, Air Evac Lifeteam pilot incapacitation training, and more!
The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Transport Systems (CAMTS) and CAMTS Global awarded new accreditation to six medical transport services and reaccreditation to 16 services at the joint CAMTS/CAMTS Global July board meeting in Seattle, Washington.
Additionally, Bangkok’s BDMS Emergency Services administrator Dhun Damrongsak, M.D., MPH, DAvMed (U.K.) was approved unanimously as a new ad hoc member to the CAMTS Global board of directors.
Damrongsak also serves on the Thai board of aviation medicine. He began his career as a flight surgeon for the Royal Thai Air Force. Employed by International SOS as a medical director, he was involved in mass evacuations and repatriation, including the 2004 tsunami in Phuket. Prior to BDMS Emergency Services, he was integral in the start-up of the Medical Wings program, a fixed-wing service based in Bangkok. Medical Wings and BDMS Emergency Services are accredited by both CAMTS and CAMTS Global.
The two boards are pleased to announce several new accreditations and reaccreditations.
During the three-day meeting the CAMTS Global board approved one new accreditation, Swiss Air Ambulance Ltd./Rega, which operates rotary-wing, fixed-wing, and medical escort services and is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Swiss Air Ambulance Ltd/Rega was previously accredited by CAMTS.
The CAMTS board has awarded five new accreditations:
- Acadian Air Med, operating rotary-wing service in Lafayette, Louisiana.
- AirLink/VitaLink Critical Care Transport, operating rotary-wing and ground services in Wilmington, North Carolina.
- Life Flight – Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, operating rotary-wing, fixed-wing, and ground services in Miami, Florida.
- Mercy Flight Central, operating rotary-wing service in Canandaigua, New York.
- Vector Aeromedical, operating fixed-wing service out of Liberty, North Carolina.
CAMTS also awarded 16 reaccreditations:
- Air Evac Lifeteam, operating rotary-wing and fixed-wing services and headquartered in O’Fallon, Missouri.
- Air Link, operating rotary-wing and fixed-wing services in Scottsbluff, Nebraska.
- Air Methods’ South Central Region, operating rotary-wing service in the south-central region of the U.S.
- AirMed International, operating fixed-wing and medical escort services out of Birmingham, Alabama.
- AirMed, operating rotary-wing and fixed-wing services in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Boston MedFlight, operating rotary-wing, fixed-wing, and ground services in Bedford, Massachusetts.
- CALSTAR, operating rotary-wing and fixed-wing services out of McClellan, California.
- CareFlight of the Rockies, operating rotary-wing, fixed-wing, and ground services in Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Cox Air Care, operating rotary-wing services in Springfield, Missouri.
- Critical Care MedFlight, operating fixed-wing services out of Lawrenceville, Georgia.
- Health East Texas Air 1, operating rotary-wing service in Tyler, Texas.
- Med-Trans Corporation Consolidated, operating rotary-wing and fixed-wing services and headquartered in Denton, Texas.
- Nightingale Regional Air Ambulance, operating rotary-wing service in Norfolk, Virginia.
- Travis County Star Flight, operating rotary-wing service in Austin, Texas.
- UVA Medical Transport Network, operating rotary-wing and ground services in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- West Michigan Air Care, operating rotary-wing service in Kalamazoo, Michigan.