Travis County STAR Flight, military-to-civilian transition, CBP’s Yuma Air Branch, the Sikorsky HH-60W program, & more!
Appareo has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) approval for installation of Stratus transponders in part 27 aircraft. The approved model list supplemental type certificate (AML-STC) includes Airbus Helicopters, Bell, Leonardo, and Robinson Helicopter. The H-variant models, named Stratus ES-H and Stratus ESG-H, are now available through the Authorized Appareo Dealer Network, and retail for the same price as the part 23 transponders.
Stratus ESG-H — $2,995:
Designed to be an all-in-one box solution for ADS-B mandate compliance, Stratus ESG-H is a 1090 Extended Squitter (ES) transponder with built-in certified WAAS GPS.
Stratus ES-H — $2,495:
Designed for aircraft owners who have already invested in WAAS GPS, Stratus ES-H will make an aircraft rule-compliant when paired with any of the following navigators:
- Garmin GPS 175
- Garmin GPS 400W, GNC 420W/420 AW, and GNS 430W/430AW with software version 5.00 or later
- Garmin GPS GNS 480 (CNX80)
- Garmin GPS 500W and GNS 530W/530AW/530TAWS with software version 5.02 or later
- Garmin 6XX and 7XX with software version 3.00 or later
- Avidyne IFD440 and IFD540 with software version 10.0.3.0 or later
Both models are certified 1090 ES ADS-B Out transponders designed with the common 1.65-inch form factor to easily replace existing transponders. Stratus transponders can be connected to an ADS-B In receiver for the complete ADS-B experience.