Travis County STAR Flight, military-to-civilian transition, CBP’s Yuma Air Branch, the Sikorsky HH-60W program, & more!
AMS Heli Design, LLC has announced a revolutionary concept for helicopter shipping that will allow shipment of helicopters in standard 40-foot containers with the tailboom installed, providing incredible savings in shipping costs.
The device consists of a frame with a lifting device hydraulically operated and electrically controlled that can be used on several helicopter models.
Major advantages are:
- No tailboom removal for shipping (significant time and cost savings in disassembly/reassembly);
- Easy landing gear removal and helicopter crating;
- Use of a single standard tall 40-foot open top container (significantly less costs on shipping vessels and container);
- Platform can be reused for unlimited number of times;
- Platform can be rented out;
- Platform can be used to jack the helicopter for landing gear inspections or other maintenance activities where jacks are not available; and
- Platform can be used to make the helicopter mobile with landing gear removed
The lifting device comes with a converter for 230/110V so it can be used internationally.
“When we had to deliver two AW119Kx EMS to South Africa, we conceived the idea and developed a mobile shipping platform with an integrated lifting device which allows shipping in a standard 40ft container with tailboom installed in order to save time and money,” said Andrea Girolin, CEO of AMS Heli Design. “The outcome was impressive for the easy operational use and for the shipment itself that becomes much easier. Furthermore, time saving is massive and there are no disassembly/reassembly tools required.”
The company believes this could be extremely important for OEMs, operators, and shipping companies since use of this device can save hundreds of thousand of dollars and weeks of technician labor.
The AMS Heli Design Helicopter Transport System has patent pending.