We find out what it’s like to fight wildfires during a pandemic, look at 10 years and 1,000 deliveries of the Robinson R66, learn about helicopters on rice pollination ops, and get the lowdown on 5 State Helicopters and Heli Connections.
Maintenance Operations Center PSD Technician
• Performs functions in a 24/7/365 Maintenance Operations Center which includes Plans, Scheduling, and Documentation Supply, and Engine Management Functions while meeting the requirements of Company Standard Operating Procedures, applicable AFIs, and the PWS.
• Controls, plans and schedules the use and maintenance of aircraft, engines, AGE, AFE, weapons, and associated equipment.
• Establishes maintenance and operations flying schedules. Develops schedules and long-range maintenance plans.
• Forecasts time changes and known requirements to meet timely inspection flow, monitors the deferred discrepancy program, projects airframe and engine capability, monitors scheduling effectiveness, monitors and controls airframe and engine utilization, attends pre-dock meetings. Uses IMDS, CEMS, and REMIS.
• Prepares inspection packages and schedules all jobs for Time Change, TCTO, and aircraft/engine inspections. Monitors the TCTO Program and ensures tine change components are ordered. Reviews TCTO status. Ensures all historical maintenance is documented and updated. Schedules document reviews.
• Performs the duties of SRAN and unit Engine Manager, or acts as a liaison to the SRAN Engine Manager including reporting.
• Conducts and attends scheduling meetings as required by Management. Responsible for entering data correctly into appropriate data base systems. Accomplishes maintenance of TO files.
• Controls and coordinates maintenance activities throughout the maintenance complex.
• Responds to emergency, contingency, and exercise situations using established check sheets. Coordinates and monitors the physical movement of aircraft and coordinates maintenance schedules, actions, and priority changes. Monitors radio net to update status boards. Dispatches personnel. Controls and directs maintenance support requirements during emergencies, exercises, and contingencies.
• Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD awareness/prevention, and safety at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management.