The 2018 Photo Contest, Bell 407GXi, Black Hawk mods, Slave Lake Helicopters, Classic Rotors museum and more!
BASE PILOT - PRINCE GEORGE
Serving Northern British Columbia since 1989, Bailey Helicopters continues to offer its employees diversified and challenging work, while promoting from within and securing opportunities for company growth. Our fleet consists of Bell 206's, AS 350 (B3's, B2's, and BA's), and a Bell 212. We are seeking a motivated and energetic Base Pilot for our Prince George base that is looking for an excellent schedule, competitive wages, benefits, and to be part of our great team. Safety is our number one priority; if you're a Pilot that feels the same way, Bailey Helicopters would be a good fit for you.
Full Time/ Rotational - Base Position
Prince George, BC
2 weeks on/2 weeks off - Touring 3 weeks on/1 week off - Base Location
- Actively participate in our Safety Management System Program.
- Fly single engine helicopter to transport passengers and freight in Northern BC.
- Be familiar with all available flight information, including weather and applicable NOTAMs where available, and determine fuel and oil requirements
- Ensure all required aircraft maintenance work had been completed.
- Calculate aircraft weight and balance.
- Complete VFR Flight Itinerary and Flight Risk Assessment, as applicable.
- Complete the aircraft pre-flight inspection before each departure.
- Supervise and carry out the loading and securing of passengers, freight or external loads.
- Complete all post flight duties, including filing arrival reports and confirmation to the company of whereabouts of the helicopter when operating away from the base, recording flight times and any defects.
- Provide training and orientation to new pilots.
- Maintain documents and equipment while on the base.
- Liaise with clients to ensure their needs are satisfied.
- Other miscellaneous tasks, as assigned.
- Current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H) and Medical.
- Personal GPS Unit or iPad and Mandatory Flight Helmet.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Must possess a Valid Driver's License
- Personal cell phone
- Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing is required
- Minimum 1500 Hours total time on helicopters.
- 1000 hours minimum Pilot In Command Time on helicopters.
- 50 hours on Type
- BC Approved Mountain Course considered an asset.
- Wildlife experience considered an asset (surveys, capture, telemetry)
- Powerline experience considered an asset.
- Mountain and Vertical Reference Experience is required.
- ACP considered an asset.
- Training experience considered an asset.
- Class D Certification considered an asset.
- BC Hydro Certification considered an asset.
- Current and valid H2S Alive, Level 1 First Aid is required.
We offer an exceptional work environment with ethical, approachable, accountable Management Team. Effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for everyone.
- Home life is encouraged
- Benefits package
- Remuneration is competitive
- Opportunities for advancement
- This position may involve frequent travel and rotational shifts.
- Working at base
- Fast paced environment, attention to detail, hand eye coordination
- Supportive continual safety and quality improvement
- Maintain a high standard of conduct, be respectful of clients, visitors, co-workers and managers
- Previous Experience on Company Specific Aircraft
- Post-secondary education
- Job relevant training (Human Factors, etc.)
- Valid Passport
- Strong work ethic and able to work efficiently as part of a team, flexibility with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location and travel
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please refer to the job posting title in your email subject. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will contacted.