Columbia Helicopters is ready for growth with new owners, behind the scenes at USATS, plus West Coast Helicopters, Civic Helicopters, used aircraft market outlook & more!
The Helicopter Page and Vertical Magazine Video Contest – Official Rules
1. The contest is open to any videographer in the world, amateur or professional, who is at least 18 years of age. Only original videos created by the entrant within the past 18 months will be considered. Any music used in the videos must be properly licensed or royalty free. Entrants are limited to a maximum of two entries; if more than two entries are submitted, only the first two will be considered.
2. The goal of the contest is to promote the helicopter industry by sharing videos of safe, professional helicopter operations with a wide audience. Vertical Magazine and The Helicopter Page reserve the right to disqualify any entries that they deem irrelevant or inappropriate, or which appear to show unsafe operating practices.
3. To enter the contest, upload a video to either The Helicopter Page on Facebook, facebook.com/thehelicopterpage, or the Vertical Magazine page on Facebook, facebook.com/verticalmag, between September 18 and October 27, 2017. Include a description of the video and the words “contest entry”. By uploading a video, you grant The Helicopter Page and Vertical Magazine the right to share your video on Facebook and use it in conjunction with promotion of the contest.
4. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges selected by The Helicopter Page and Vertical Magazine. Entries will be scored according to the following criteria: positive depiction of the helicopter industry (50%), originality (25%) and video quality (25%).
5. Winners will be announced on The Helicopter Page and on the Vertical Magazine page on Facebook on November 10, 2017. Winners will also be contacted through Facebook Messenger. Winners will have one week from the date of the announcement to contact Elan Head at [email protected] or 1-519-748-1591 to claim their prizes.
6. One grand prize winner will receive a 360fly – 4K Action Camera (approximate retail value US$500) plus a one-year print subscription to Vertical Magazine, a Vertical t-shirt, and a 2018 Vertical fleet poster (approximate retail value US$80). Five runners-up will each receive a one-year print subscription to Vertical Magazine, a Vertical t-shirt, and a 2018 Vertical fleet poster.
7. For questions about the contest, contact Elan Head at [email protected] or 1-519-748-1591.